Mexican Lentil Protein Bowl
(Makes 2-4 servings depending on how starving you are.)
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 can refried beans (I used low fat Trader Joe’s with jalapeno)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- avocado, to garnish
1) Cook your brown rice in one cup water (bring to boil, then simmer 45 minutes)
2) Cook your lentils (bring 2-3 cups of water to boil, then simmer 20 minutes)
3) Reheat your refried beans in a large skillet on medium high heat, then stir in your salsa, keeping it warm.
4) Pour your cooked lentils in with the bean/salsa mixture, stir to combine.
5) Add one cup cooked rice to a bowl, top with bean/salsa/lentil mixture and top with avocado slices.
I worked out for two hours tonight, so I ate half my recipe. For 600 calories I got 35g of protein and 39g of fiber and ONLY 2g of fat. Boom.