Mexican Lentil Protein Bowl
(Makes 2-4 servings depending on how starving you are.)
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 can refried beans (I used low fat Trader Joe’s with jalapeno)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- avocado, to garnish
1) Cook your brown rice in one cup water (bring to boil, then simmer 45 minutes)
2) Cook your lentils (bring 2-3 cups of water to boil, then simmer 20 minutes)
3) Reheat your refried beans in a large skillet on medium high heat, then stir in your salsa, keeping it warm.
4) Pour your cooked lentils in with the bean/salsa mixture, stir to combine.
5) Add one cup cooked rice to a bowl, top with bean/salsa/lentil mixture and top with avocado slices.
I worked out for two hours tonight, so I ate half my recipe. For 600 calories I got 35g of protein and 39g of fiber and ONLY 2g of fat. Boom.
Enchiladas with cilantro avocado cream sauce
I think it’s funny when friends of mine have said in the past that I couldn’t be vegan because I’m Mexican. Clearly, you can.
1 large handful mixed baby greens
one serving trader joe’s vegan “steak” strips
1/4 - 1/2 avocado cut into chunks
1 small handful sunflower seeds
1 serving cauliflower [[i went with roasted because we had leftovers, but this is just as good with raw if you’re too lazy!]]
1 small handful…
Fake meat + salad= One of my favorite go-to meals.
Easy and cheap!
so this was our first attempt at nachos and we devoured them. filling and so satisfying.
1/2 onion, minced
1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 small zucchini, chopped tiny
1/4 brick of tofu, crumbled
3 inches soy chorizo, crumbled
1/2 jar salsa
It has avocados so it must be delicious!!
Cashew stuffed shells (with fresh tarragon, thyme, and oregano)
as the hot weather approaches, i find myself craving more and more raw foods. it is great because they generally take less time to prepare and they don’t turn our apartment into a sauna. win. we made pasta tonight too. it is tricolored, contains veggies and i think i’m addicted.
I know what I’m having for dinner tonight!
Steak+Steamed carrots+Steamed squash+Home made oatmeal.